favorite things in my bohemian inspired apartment. enjoy the tour~

howdy & happy new year to y'all!


in case you don't already know, i live in a little town outside of Erie, Pa~ called North East, Pa. it's really cute & lovely but since we're east of lake Erie we happen to get a shit ton of (lake effect) snow :( & as you can see by my frowny guy face, i'm not a big fan of the white stuff...

so on the first day of 2014, it's snowy & i'm hibernating as usual. i thought, heck..why don't i take a bunch of pictures of my apartment & blog about it?! so i did...and now i am :)!

my apartment is small and it has WOOD paneling, which i used to really loathe (still kinda do). i asked the landlord if i could paint over it but she would not allow. she said that it's REAL wood, not the crappy fake wood paneling? i'm not sure about all that but anyways~ i have to work w/ the natural wood tones. i decided to view my apartment as if i'm living in a gypsy wagon or cabin of some sort. also, the same w/ my kitchen (it's teeny tiny), so i picture my kitchen as a deluxe camper kitchen. that way it seems huge. :D

life is all in how you perceive things, so i try my best to think of the positives whenever possible. sure i probably don't want to be in this lil upstairs aptartment too much longer but i'm here now & i'll make the best of it! after all, i'm VERY effected by my environment. i like to feel comfy & cozy and inspired while in my abode, and most of the time...i do :)



*enjoy a peak inside my boho gypsy wagon, here are some of my favorite things~






some of my green glass collection in our downstairs entryway <3





my living room today, yes i have a house full of boys & video games galore! i admit defeat w/ the game consoles & cords, lol. the chair on the right i got off the side of the road a few weeks ago. it's kinda ugly but cool. plus it's velvet & i love all things velvet!





my kitchen is so lil i had to find a creative way to store my silver-ware, which i did! (thanx to pinterest of course).






gypsy curtains! & a coffee table i'm still in the process of redoing, kinda lost interest in that.. opsie. for a DIY on how to make the lovely gypsy curtains check out my post~ http://gypsyjewlsweatherley.blogspot.com/2013/11/gypsy-curtains.html





i love plants!!! they make me happy :) & Gus Gus makes me happy, too. he's here to stay. our dog kinda chewed his ear but that little critter survived the attack, phew!





some of the few things i can display (don't have much display space). the picture in the middle is one i took in Venice, Italy & got enlarged <3 the large agate book ends i found awhile back at Ross. a lot of stuff i have is from thrift stores :)






i love mirrors & collect them. i thought doing a mirror corner was kind of a neat idea. i really like the way it turned out.




this is an old crocheted blanket i found at a thrift store. i was thinking of using it on my couch but instead am using it as a sorta "faux" rug. i think it really shows off angus. (my son named the plant angus, lol).





computer room, more of hubby's area. he even decorated it, not too shabby!






window in the computer room with a "faux" stained glass piece i did. i love the way the light shines though.





okay, nothing too fancy here! lol. i wanted to show this door (which is off to the left in the computer room). it may seem like a closet door, right? well it's really the secret door to my gypsy attic/stairway ;) 




so this is what you see when you open the door. i basically just hung up a BUNCH of crap i've collected all over the walls. the attic is cool but needed some TLC. we painted the floors but the walls needed help beyond a renter's doings. i thought, why not cover them??! so i did :)




ceiling veiw.





left side of stairway~ i even hung a gypsy skirt up of mine! it was ripped anyways :)





some paintings of mine, thought they went pretty well w/ the gypsy look :)





there was this weird hole the exact size of a nebula painting i did. so i stuck it in there! ha :) & i added some white lights, too.





i tried to capture the hallway, but i'm pretty certain you really need to see it in person to get the magical feel!





view on the way up. a wicker stand i've had FOREVER. since i still lived with my parents!






view on the way down :)






there are two sides of the attic, this is the granny side where we store stuff & i keep my clothes. we have really wanted to do more w/ this space but haven't got to it yet.





see, it's really big up there, this is just half of it! just need to sort through stuff ;)





the other side is my hubby & i's bedroom. a little bit messy right now. still figuring out storage ideas for clothing.





okay, don't even ask me what's going on with my canopy! i'm in the middle of experimenting, lol. this canopy thingy is really awesome but we don't like the way it hangs too close to the sides of the bed. so, i'm trying to figure out creative ways to hang it & add some lights, too. it's a work in progress. i shall share more when i figure it out :)





my attic bedroom window in the daylight, there's my pup "chugs"!





curtains at night when i close them, i really like these curtains. my landlord left them for me to use :)





 my living room before i took down the christmas tree! it looked so sparkly <33 that window has lights hanging from a rod behind the curtains. can't believe christmas is over already!







& that's all folks! hope you enjoyed checking out my pad. i would describe my style as boho for sure but i also like what i like. i don't prefer things to be too "matchy, matchy". i enjoy thrifting & finding unique items that inspire me. i've moved around quite a bit and my different places have looked different depending on what i feel looks good in the space. my gypsy attic is quite a bit different than anything i've ever seen, lol. that is me though :) hope you enjoyed the tour~ 



~happy 2014~

peace & blessin's



Comments

Popular Posts