Moon shadow


if i ever felt i couldn't deal with life's happenings, right now i'm at the peak of *can't deals*. my days consist of worrying, binge watching "chopped" and dreading whatever pops up in my brain. 

today was no exception, googling away all my worries per usual. i'm worried about my pregnancy, about my surgery, about my anxiety, about money, & the list goes on & on!
 i finally decide i should probably do some dishes, whilst jamming out pandora tunes of course (GO ME) & what did bless my ears?! well, this lovely song by the amazing, Cat Stevens! i thought, holy crap... that's ME, like right NOW! i am being followed by a damn MOON SHADOW!!!
 after listening to the song more intently & researching it's true meaning a bit...it just got me, it got me good.

many can interpret it how they may but the basic meaning to me is *shit happens* and you really need to try to make the best of it. of course, easier said then done, but it's still somehow refreshing to hear. so many struggle in life (with all kinds of crazy ailments, losses, battles, etc) and most of the time, we can't change that. we ourselves can only try to change our perceptions and how we cope. walking around moping and being a big ole' downer just adds to the stress. the sweet isn't as sweet with out the sour and if everything were magical 24/7, would we even know what magic was? i dare say, not at all! 

there's a time to be sad, and a time to worry, and theres no shame in that. sometimes though, we need to pull ourselves out of the downward spiral when it gets too deep. no matter how much the people around us may care and try to help, it's kinda up to ourselves to fix ourselves~ as lonely as that may seem. i thought about that the other day, how lonely my troubles have seemed lately. i felt, surely barely anyone can truly relate to my issues! & at the same time i realized this is probably a common emotion others have... feeling completely and utterly alone. no matter how secluded we all feel at times, we are all totally in this together. all at times being followed by moon shadows <3

peace & blessin's





Oh, I'm bein' followed by a moonshadow, moon shadow, moonshadow---
Leapin and hoppin' on a moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow---

And if I ever lose my hands, lose my plough, lose my land,
Oh if I ever lose my hands, Oh if I won't have to work no more.

And if I ever lose my eyes, if my colours all run dry,
Yes if I ever lose my eyes, Oh if I won't have to cry no more.

Oh, I'm bein' followed by a moonshadow, moon shadow, moonshadow---
Leapin and hoppin' on a moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow---

And if I ever lose my legs, I won't moan, and I won't beg,
Yes if I ever lose my legs, Oh if I won't have to walk no more.

And if I ever lose my mouth, all my teeth, north and south,
Yes if I ever lose my mouth, Oh if I won't have to talk...

Did it take long to find me? I asked the faithful light.
Did it take long to find me? And are you gonna stay the night?

Moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow.

SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

  1. Hi there! I'm sorry to comment off-topic, but I stumbled upon your blog and I see that you have the same blogger design (Soho, right?) and you also seem to have linked your blogger account with your Google account. That's what I did years ago anyway, but now I have the problem that ONLY Google comments are enabled on my blog... Whereas on your blog the commenter select a profile such as Google, Wordpress, Anonymous etc. You would really help me out if you could tell me how you did that?! Thanks! And sorry for bothering you with this :)

    *Maisy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts