Artsy.

ellooooo!!....my blog has been on the back burner lately & for any of you who may keep up w/ my RR's (random ramblings), i do apologize. though, i doubt that group is very large and in charge. i do believe my mom might be part of the fan club, so "Hi, Mom!!" :D


art·sy
ˈärtsē/
adjective
informal
superlative adjective: artiest
  1. 1making a strong, affected, or pretentious display of being artistic or interested in the arts.
    "the artsy town of Taos"






today i'm writing about my art. i noticed i have not spoken much about it on here, tis do time! basically, i have loved art my whole life. i have always enjoyed doodling, art classes, museums, art history, photography, learning and experimenting with different techniques, etc. i even majored in graphic design in my shortly lived college days. i remember forever as a teen having this cute little round post card (yes round, weird!) that had in big letters, "ARTSY". it was in a group of other cards that had words to describe one's self. like "SMILEY", "NERDY", "FUNNY", etc. i knew when i seen the artsy one that it somehow completely explained me. :)


i have been asked to do a lil bio of myself for a local wine & art show that is coming up in April. so i will post that here and also some examples of my paintings. i'm kinda a scatter brained amateur when it comes to my artwork. i mean, I LOVE ART. i love creating & painting. i love the fact that actual humans i've never even met have pieces of mine hanging in their homes <3 it's a great feeling. BUT, when it comes to being more of a professional and taking that next step, i have been slacking~ BIG TIME. for example, i have pretty much no prints of my stuff. i just paint & sell and that is it. i have no website, not even a Facebook page, nor an Etsy :( i am not giving in and saying it will never happen. i'm definitely on the road to becoming more efficiant and actually marketing my creations better. so no worries, there is still hope! 


what i HAVE done is not gave up my passion & what feeds my soul. it's completely therapeutic and creating will always have a piece of my heart. i have displayed paintings in coffee shops, sold paintings in said coffee shops & done a number of commissioned pieces. i am just now getting into the printing process (which seriously confuses the crap outta me!) but, i'm learning :)) soooo, enough with the nonsense, behold my Artiest Bio! ~~>




Julie Weatherley was born in October, 1981. A Findley Lake, NY native, she currently resides in the beautiful, wine country, town of North East, PA. Julie paints using mostly acrylics as well as mixed media. She is never opposed to experimenting with new techniques and has a love and eagerness to continue learning and growing in the field of arts. 
Julie has had a passion for creating since a very young age and finds painting to be very therapeutic and enlightening. Her paintings reflect her bohemian lifestyle, depicting images that are: vibrant, colorful, whimsical, bold and fantasy inspired. 




wow, writing that in 3rd person was really weird! lol. i researched how "art bio's" were done and apparently 3rd person is the way to go, alrighty then.. ;-).



& now, here are some pictures of my past artworks. like i said, i am just now getting into printing my work so everything you see here are just snap shots :-) enjoy!
































  















a piece i did for the wine fest commemorative poster last year :)

































































thanx so much for checking out my blog post.

peace & blessin's to all! <33







Comments

Popular Posts